Sunday, August 30, 2009

English conversation - The Walk

The Walk

It is 5o’clock in the morning and Mr.Verma, is getting ready for the walk .

Mrs.Verma Is that you, darling. What are you doing up so early?

Mr.Verma :yes dear. Good morning..

Mrs.Verma :Good morning. Are you getting ready for the walk?

Mr.Verma :I am going out for the walk, you go to sleep for a while. I am going for country walk today.

Mrs. Verma: Can you find your clothes for the walk?

Mr.Verma: Yes. Don’t worry. I had taken out my old pants and shirt for running and walking. I am also taking the walking stick for country walk . Thank you all the same.

the walk


Mr.Verma: Leaves the house dressed for the country walk. After a little walk off the house meets Mr.Bannerji.

Mr.Bannerji: Oh, Good morning Mr.Verma. Are you out to walk around for some exercise?

Mr.Verma :Good morning Mr.Bannerji. Yes, I thought it is good idea to walk around for some exercise get some fresh air early in the morning. May I join you on the walk?

Mr.Bannerji: Do come along. It is nice to have some company when we walk. My wife comes along with me sometimes for the walk but she is quite irregular.

exercise

Mr.Verma My wife cannot get outfor the walk early in the morning. We have a large family and she has to prepare breakfast dinner for the children and for me. Our children go for charity walks in the morning

Mr.Bannerji Isn’t it a glorious day. So refreshing for the walk..

Mr.Verma Yes. I feel much better after a good walk in the morning. I have to sit at a desk the whole day and a treadmill fitness and exercise before going to work helps. It clears my head and puts vigor into my body.

Mr.Bannerji Some people prefer to take a walk after dinner.

Mr.Verma I get fairly late coming back from office. Then I have my young son with his lessons in the evenings. We take a walk after dinner.

Mr.Bannerji My friend, Mr.Gurbachan, does some vigorous exercise in his bathroom after the walk before leaving for work.

Mr.Verma I am old to tire myself out with stretch exercise early in the morning. I prefer a country walk in the morning'

A walk gives me an opportunity to breathe in deeply the pure and fresh morning air. In the office I hardly get any fresh air to breathe the whole day.

Mr.Bannerji: These days, fitness walking is getting very popular. Nearly all men come out for a fitness walks between five and six in the morning.

Mr.Verma I notice that it is the middle age and older people, who are out walking in the morning.

Mr.Bannerji Yes, it seems like that. The young business executivesgo to dance parties so often that they can hardly get up in time to get to the office in time.That is the reason for their missing a fitness walks.

Mr.Verma: Also perhaps they are at the prime of their youth and do not feel the strain like us older men.They do need need to replenish the energy by the fitness walks

Mr.Bannerji: There is a young man whom I see at 5 O’clock every morning. He jogs two miles every morning.

Mr.Verma He must be under athletics training in his college or he must be a sportsman.

Mr.Bannerji Yoga is very much in fashion these days. People say that yoga is the best form of exercise. Yoga exerciseshelp to keep young and it does not tire out a person either.

Mr.Verma I understand that is true. The principle of Yoga is that the backbone is kept supple. But I am also told one has to be extremely careful about doing yoga exercises. I know of a man who sprained his neck doing yoga.

yoga beginners

Mr.Bannerji I suppose at first one must get a proper yoga teacher to demonstrate the correct way of doing exercises.

Mr.Verma Well, Today the walk was very refreshing and informative. I must go home now and get ready for office. See you again tomorrow
.32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32

No comments:

Post a Comment