Sunday, August 2, 2009

English conversation - Scooter Ride

Scooter Ride

Ranjan is about to leave from home to office by scooter, when the telephone rings. It is his colleague Pillay on the line.

Ranjan (speaking into the telephone). Hello, this is Ranjan.

Pillay Hi! Pillay here. My Motorcycle repair is still incomplete . How are you going to office to-day?

Ranjan My uncle has parked his Petrol scooter at our house for a month. So I intend
driving it to get to work and back.

Pillay could I take a scooter ride with you?

Ranjan certainly. Can you walk to my house? We will have the scooter ride from here.

Pillay No problem. I’ll be there in ten minutes for the scooter ride to office with you.

auto rickshaw

Ten minutes later, auto rickshaw stops in front of the Verma house and pillay gets off.
Ranjan (Wheeling his scooter out of the driveway) Hello, there. Did you come in that auto rickshaw? Why didn’t you tell me?
I would have picked you up.
Pillay Kind of you friend. But it was no problem hopping into a auto rickshaw and coming over to your place.

motorcycle ride

Ranjan Look, even the pillion rider has to wear a helmet. Do you have one?

Just wait a second and I’ll ask papa , I think he has a new helmet ,which you can borrow.

Ranjan goes into the house and returns with a new helmet for pillay for the scooter ride to office

Pillay Thank you. I seem to have given you a lot of trouble.Have you tried an electric scooter. Is it better than petrol scooter.

Ranjan You are welcome. There is no trouble in helping each other out, is
there?Do you know any scooter dealer. I wish to buy a 125 cc scooter.

Pillay There will be no problems if I am checked by the
police for wearing a helmet.. Yes , I know a dealer who sells 50cc scooter.

Ranjan Here, the scooter comes off the stand. Now I will kick the start pedal.
Then I will Kick the gears and now we are ready to move off. Are you O.K
sitting at the back?

Pillay Yes, yes. Just fine. Don’t drive too fast to avoid scooter accident. Though I am not a lady and my hair won’t fly off. But I’ve never sat behind a scooter before, so I’m a
bit nervous.

Ranjan Never sat on a scooter I have a motorcycle? Where have you been living friend? On the moon ? Anyway, you must learn to ride a scooter.

Pillay You are right, I must learn to ride a scooter because next year I am
planning to buy electric scooter. Is it difficult?

Ranjan What? To drive a scooter? Oh no! It is very easy. If you know how to
ride a motorcycle, then a scooter is no problem. It is a much steadier
vehicle
, than a cycle.

Pillay Are you going to buy a petrol scooter or electric scooter?

Ranjan I was thinking of getting a motor cycle. It has more power and speed. I
love the roaring sound it makes. It makes a man feel like a man. You
know what I mean?



Scooter Ride

Pillay But I was thinking that for me a50cc scooter.would be too good
. You see, though don’t tell anyone as yet, but I may be engaged
next month. If that happens, then I’ll be married by this time next year.

Ranjan Getting engaged! Congratulation, old boy! That calls for a celebration.

Pillay Not yet, not so fast. Only a proposal has been made as yet. Nothing is
finalized. May be the girl may not like my face.

Ranjan Then buy yourself a 50cc scooter., quick. And take her for a scooter ride. That would be quite romantic and it will help her to overcome any hesitation.

Pillay I say, look out in front of you. You nearly crashed into that bus.

Ranjan Don’t get nervous old boy. You just hang on fast and I’ll get you safe and
sound to the office.

scooter accident.



11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11

No comments:

Post a Comment