Wednesday, August 5, 2009

English Conversation- Shopping Plaza

Shopping Plaza

Mrs.Verma goes once a week to the Shopping Plaza to make family shopping. This week Mrs.Ganapati is accompanying her. Both of them are walking to Shopping Plaza along the pavement. Bachoo is following them.

Mrs.Ganapati Why are we taking Bachoo along to Shopping Plaza?

Mrs.Verma He will help us carry the heavy packages. The Shopping Plaza is close enough for us to walk to.

Mrs.Ganapati Do you go to the Shopping Plaza regularly? Why not send the servant with shopping address ?

Mrs.Verma I prefer to visit the Shopping Plaza myself for window shopping . That way I can choose better and fresh vegetables, fruit and meat and I also get to know the current prices of food stuffs and other items.

fresh vegetables


Mrs,Ganapati Is groceries shopping once a week enough? Do the vegetables, Fruit and other things last you for a week?

Mrs.Verma No. Not really. Bachoo has to go to shopping plaza again during the week to buy more vegetables. But I go to the shopping plaza on Friday and stock up the fridge with food for the weekend, when the whole family is at home.

Mrs.Ganapati I‘’ ve got my shopping list all ready. What all you have to buy for kids shopping?

Mrs.Verma The bread man comes to the house every day and so I buy fresh eggs, bread and butter from him. I buy my dry rations from the ration shop on a monthly basis. You know things like flour (atta), pulses dal sugar, cooking oil (ghee) etc. For my weekly shopping. I visit the green grocer, the market shop and the butcher at shopping plaza. Then there are other odds and ends to be bought from holiday store.

Mrs.Ganapati I’ve got to visit the cobbler too. I think I‘ll request him to send his man to my house. There are many shoes to be repaired. I must also remember to visit the electrician. Some of the wiring in our house needs replacement.

Mrs.Verma If we have time, we’ll visit the cloth shop as well. I am planning to buy new curtains for the guest room. Have you found tailor?

Mrs.Ganapati Oh, I do all my stitching at home. When you buy the curtains material, I’ll help you sew and make up the curtains.

Mrs.Verma That would be very kind of you indeed. I hope bachoo has brought along an empty basket for the vegetables shopping (looking at bachoo). Thank God, he has remembered to bring a shooping satchel to store the parcels in.

Mrs.Ganapati Do you buy bakery cakes, or do you bake at home?

Mrs.Verma I haven got a good oven, but I get cakes very seldom. For a birthday or an anniversary, may be.

cake shop

Mrs. Ganapati You must visit the new self service stores outlet at the Shopping Plaza. It is so much easier to choose your own stuff and you don’t have to wait around so long waiting to be attended to, by a salesman.

Mrs.Verma How do you pick out items which are stacked on the higher shelving system?

Mrs.Ganapti For that you need assistance. They do have a couple of salesgirls who will come along with a ladder and take things down. This self-help has a home delivery service too.

Mrs.Verma Is there an extra charge for home delivery service?

Mrs.Ganapati No. And what is more appreciable is that the owners are polite and considerate to the customers. Even the delivery boys who run around are cheerful and bright.

Mrs.Verma shall we go to the shops together?

Mrs.Ganapati Perhaps it might save time if we both did our shopping independently and then meet at an agreed place after one hour, so that we could go home together.

Mrs.Verma That is good idea. Where shall we meet after an hour? Shall we meet at the books shop? I am going there for books shopping.

Mrs.Ganapati Which one? Do you mean the book stores or the stationary shop? Why not meet at the music shop? They have a small soda fountain and we could have a cold drink before returning home.

14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14

No comments:

Post a Comment