Saturday, August 15, 2009

English Conversation- Part time courses

Part time courses

The Delhi Institute of management and Services, runs, a number of Part time courses which are job oriented. A number of prospective students come in to get information about these Part time courses.

Student (Coming up for the Enquiry ). Good afternoon. Excuse me Miss. Is this the DIMS Enquiry office?

Receptionist Good afternoon.Yes. This is the DIMS Enquiry . Can I help you?

Student Yes please. I want to see the Director Delhi institute of management.

Receptionist What would you like to see , about?

Student I would like to find out about the different kinds of Part time courses that you run.

Receptionist This is the list of different kinds of Part time courses .

Student Are these the only Part time courses .

Receptionist Then perhaps I can help you. The Director is busy right now. What would you like to know? Here is a list of all the Part time courses, Institute runs .


University distance learning courses


Receptionist There are approximately twenty online management course for you to choose from? We also have thirty graduate courses. What are you interested in?

Student You see, I have a three-month summer vacations, starting next month and I was wondering what professional courses I could do with myself.

Receptionist The courses we conduct are mainlyuniversities courses. We run Technical and Secretarial courses, Language classes, courses in Business Management and public Relations and a number of others. What degrees courses you are studying?

Student I am studying in the second year for a Degree course in business and I wanted to do a more specialized kind of study during my october holidays. What would you suggest?

Receptionist That depends on what you are planning to take up as a career after your graduation. (The telephone rings). Excuse me a moment. I’ll speak with you after attending to the phone. (Speaking into the phone). Good morning, DIMS…..Yes, we do run a Part-time course for Export management. The course duration is five weeks and the total cost is Rs.3500 for the entire course. Yes. We have a correspondence mba as well. The next course begins in two weeks time. That’s all right. Thank you Sir. Good bye.

Student Miss, do you think that I should do the business management course online?

Receptionist For the business management course online, the minimum qualification is a B.A degree. Perhaps you could join that course next year. Look if you want to do a course for a period of two to three months, why not have a look at our college prospectus for the professional courses and then make up your mind. You might be interested in learning a language or in doing a secretarial course or……….


Part time courses

Student That is a good idea. Please let me have a copy of the college prospectus . I’ll think about it. I’ll come back again. Are there any forms to fill in?

Receptionist Yes there are?

Student Can I pay the fees by business cheques or by cash?

Receptionist Yes, certainly. We accept fees by business cheques or by cash.

Student One last thing, Miss. Do you award certificates or a training diploma or some such thing?

Receptionist Yes Sir. Depending on the course you join and depending on your performance, we evaluate the level of your improvement and achievement. We do award certificates or a diploma, whatever the case may be.

Student Right, Thank you Miss.

Receptionist You are welcome. Good bye.

Another gentleman comes up to the counter.

Receptionist Good afternoon Sir.


Gentleman Good afternoon Ma’am. I am working in a factory in the supervisory grade. I wanted to find out whether you are running any course for Export management in the evenings?

Receptionist Yes. Sir. Which course would you be interested in? Here is our college prospectus. Please have a look at it.

Gentleman (Looking through the list) Yes. You do run a number of courses covering nearly every subject. Let us see, now may be, for me this course on Labour Laws would be useful. Yes, I think I’d like to do this course.

Receptionist Here are the form for admission and the college prospectus. The fees are mentioned in the prospectus. The next course is beginning on the 15th of next month.

Gentleman Can I borrow your pen please, lady?

Receptionist Would you like to sit at that table? It has a pen and ink set too. You can study the college prospectus and then fill out the admission form.

Gentleman Thank you, Ma’am. You’ve been very helpful.


college prospectus.

A student attending the secretarial training course comes to the counter.

Student Good afternoon Ma’am. I am a student from the secretarial training course. Is my result ready?

Receptionist What is your name please?

Student I am Rajiv Sachdeva. I finished the course last week.

Receptionist I’ll find out. Please wait for a few minutes. (Calling another secretary and getting a copy of the result). Here you are Rajiv. Congratulations you’ve done very well indeed.

Student Thank you. I am pleased with my result. Now I’ll do another part time course in the PBX. The too will be useful.


award certificates

Receptionist That is a good idea, if you are training to be a secretary. I t is useful to know all the aspects of secretarial skills. Would you like to get an admission form?

Student Yes, Ma’am.

20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20


No comments:

Post a Comment