Monday, August 17, 2009

English Conversation - Cooking Lunch

Cooking Lunch

It is early in the morning and Mrs.Verma is Cooking Lunch in the kitchen. She is being helped by the part-time servant boy called bachoo. Reena also gives a helping hand.

Cooking Lunch


Mrs.Verma Reena, wake up Bachoo and ask him to fetch four for from the depot.

Reena Right mama, I will call for Bachoo andget the bottles of milk.

Mrs.Verma What shall we cook for lunch today?

Reena All of us, except you, will be out for lunch. Papa, Ranjan, Vikram and I need packed lunch.

Mrs.Verma In that case, I will make sandwiches for all of you. Because sandwiches are easy to carry and paranthas taste stale when eaten cold.

Reena Don’t we have lunch bags?

Mrs.Verma Yes. But there is only one. I will make a vegetable dish and paranthas for your father and give him the lunch bag He has a long day at the office and needs something to fill him up.

Reena In fact, come to think of it mama, Ranjan can take a snack food at the coffee kiosk near his office. And I too can eat at the cafeteria restaurant . So don’t pack lunch for the two of us.

Mrs.Verma In that case, I am making sandwiches only for Vikram. I will put in a piece of the pineapple cake and give him an apple as well.

Reena What quick lunch recipe will you cook for yourself, mama?

Mrs.Verma Oh, I will make a hot sandwich for my self and eat it along with a cup of coffee.


subway sandwiches


Reena Can I help you with food or lunch anything before I go into the bathroom to get dressed for work?

Mrs.Verma Be a dear and cut up the onions and the tomatoes. Could you slice the cucumber thin? I will peel the potatoes for making sandwiches for all.

onions and tomatoes

Reena Bachoo is back with the bottles of milk.

What shall I ask him to do next for cooking the lunch recipes?

Mrs.Verma Ask him to sieve the atta and knead it into dough for the paranthas.

Reena Here, I have put the milk on the fire to boil. Will you watch it mama, while I chop cut the vegetables?

Mrs.Verma Yes I will watch the milk for ice cream dessert come to a boil.

Reena What kind of milk is this?

Mrs.Verma We get skimmed milk, that is milk without cream, in the morning.

In the evenings. We get full cream milk This milk is good for making chocolate puddings and for making cheese (pannier).

Reena Bachoo has finished making the dough.

Mrs.Verma Then ask him to grind a little bit, of ginger (lasan) for the potato curry for papa.

Reena Shall I spread butter on theslices of bread for making sandwiches?

Mrs.Verma No don’t worry. I will do that.

You must be getting late.

Reena I’ve still got a few minutes.

What do you want to fill the sandwiches with?

Mrs.Verma We will give Vikram cucumber sandwiches. Don

‘t forget tosprinkle some salt and a little pepperover the cucumber filling.

Reena There, it is all done. Vikram’s sandwiches are ready. I will go now to get dressed.

Mrs.Verma Run along now.You have been a great help. I will finish making papa’s lunch.


cucumber sandwiches

23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23
23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23

No comments:

Post a Comment