Sunday, August 23, 2009

English conversation - Travel by Bus

Travel by Bus

Reena works at Rama’s store. Reena travels by a Bus to Rama'Store because there is no Rail Service there. She walks at 9AM from hometo take bus from a bus stand near her house and meets another Bus Traveler, a girl called
sudesh.

Annie: : Hello Reena.

Reena: Hello. When did the last bus come by from bus terminal?

Annie: Bus from the bus station came along about five minutes ago, but I couldn’t get on to it. There was such a frantic rush to get in.

Bus Stop


Reena: This is really awful. I wish people Waiting at the Bus Stop would learn to stand in a queue system.

Annie: You see everyone is standing at Bus Stop in a queue just now.

Reena: Yes, but when the bus draws up, the queue system is broken and even before
the passengers come out of the bus, those waiting outside are
crowding the entrance of the bus.

Waiting at the Bus Stop

Annie: Unfortunately, in the morning everyone is in such a hurry to take Bus to travel to their Work that ,they forget all rules of fair play and politeness and keep pushing to enter the Bus, It is really terrible.

Reena: Here is the bus to local queue system.

Conductor: Please wait for these getting off to descend first. Now, you can come in this Double Decker Bus.

Annie: One bus ticket to Regal, please.What is the Bus fare.

Conductor: Here you are ma’am. That will be Five Rupees.

Reena: Does this bus go to Rama’s store?

Conductor: Where is that?

Reena :That is close to the super Bazaar Bus Station.

Bus Station


Conductor This coach bus service will drop you about a kilometer short of the super Bazar. Shall I give you a Bus ticket for Regal as well?

Reena Yes, please. Here is Five Rupees.

Sudesh Haven’t you been on this bus route before?

Reena No, I’ve only recently taken up this job. For the last week I’ve been
traveling by a bus service which drops me near the plaza cinema.

Conductor Come along please, everybody up in front. Make room at the back of Bus coach..

__________________________________

Double Decker bus

Reena: What is the Bus Timetable. How long does it take to get to the Regal? Do you have Bus map

Annie:No,I Do not have a Bus Map. At this time of the day, there is a lot of traffic on the roads and I expect it’ll take about forty-five minutes.

Reena: Where do you work?

Annie: I work as a business marketing manager at Bookghar.com , That is not far from where the bus Stop will drop us. What about you? How will you get to your Rama’s store?

Reena: Oh, I’ll manage somehow. There are many buses to my place of work.I’ll either walk or I’ll hitch a ride. I don’t suppose that a scooter man would go such a short distance.

Annie:It is getting quite chilly in bus travel these days.

Reena: Shall I ask the Bus driver to lower the window? Yes? (To the
Bus Driver. Excuse me, please. Would you mind very much if
we shut this window? My friend here has a cold. Thank you so much.

Annie:That was kind of you. What is the quarrel going in the bus coach ?

Reena: It appears that there is some unpleasantness between a passenger
and the bus conductor. The passenger is offering the bus conductor a
hundred rupee note for bus fare and the conductor hasn’t the change.

Annie:There is one thing that one must do when travelling by bus service and that
is, keep change handy with you.Every one carries change in metro Rail Service.

Reena: Well, the conductor ought to have change, but I suppose one can’t
expect him keep changing hundred rupee notes every now and then.

Annie:Look, there is an old lady who hasn’t found a seat. I wish these
young healthy boys would get up and offer her a reserved bus seat.

Reena: You keep sitting; I’ll let the old lady have my seat. (To the old lady).
Madam, would you care to sit here?

OLD lady Thank you every much, child. I was falling over every time the bus
moved off or came to a stop. Thank you, thank you.

Annie:Reena come, may be all three of us can squeeze in.

Reena: No, don’t bother. I can stand. It is only a short way off now.

27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27

No comments:

Post a Comment