Friday, July 31, 2009

English Conversation- Public Library

Public Library

Renna takes Hansa to the �Worldwide Library Service� to be enrolled as a member of the Library.
Hansa I say Reena, why is it necessary for me to be member of Books library? Any way, why does the public Library insist on library membership?

Reena It is like this. Most commercial companies insist that their employees in the management level should become members of leading clubs so that they get to meet a wide circle of people. In the same way, Rama’s store recommends that the management level personnel under training should become members of the worldwide Library, which is a public library close to the office.

Hansa What kind of library books does the office expect me to read library books available at this public library

Management level - Executives Trainees

Reena The idea is that besides your practical training in the various departments of the store, you should do some private reading of library books and do in depth study about the subjects that you are dealing with.

They both enter the books library and go up to the desk of the chief Librarian.

Reena Good morning, Mr. kapur. This is Hansa Mehta from our store. She wants to become a member of your books library.

Librarian Good morning Miss Verma. Miss Mehta, please fill in this Library membership application form.

Hansa I’ll do that. Reena could you please fill in where I have to be introduced by another member?

Reena Sure. Here you are.

library books

Hansa What should I fill in special interest column

Reena I would say, write Business and Management.

Hansa (to the Librarian) Here you are, Mr. Kapur, the card is duly filled in.

Labrarian, Thank you I’ll have your prepared.your library card . It will take a few minutes to enter. Would you like to look around the School library in the meanwhile? Perhaps, you can choose the High school books you would like to take out.

Reena All the bookcase shelvesare marked and arranged subject-wise. This public library has a particularly good section on Business and Management

Hansa What kind of first edition books should I draw?

Reena Take something on marketing or Business and Management and may be international banking and international trade

Library Card

Hansa They seem to have the latest literature fiction as well.

Reena Oh yes. This is a very big books library and they have books on every subject. Their reference section is really very good.

They select three books and return to the Librarian’s Desk.

Librarian Ah! I see you’ve selected the books you’d like to borrow. Your Reader’s Tickets are ready. You can keep the books for two weeks. Can I have the books please? They have to be a stamped. Thank you.

Hansa Do you use the public library a great deal?

Reena At first I did do a lot of background reading. Even now I use the reference section quite often. I borrow a number of the best seller books too.

Hansa I’m sure it is very good idea to have become a member of the books library. Thank you for bringing me and introducing me

bookcase shelves

101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101001

No comments:

Post a Comment