Monday, July 27, 2009

English Conversation - To Learn English

To Learn English

Subramanium and Rakesh are two friends. They are intending to learn English

Rakesh Subramanium, I am thinking of joining adult classes to learn English .

Subramanium I was also thinking to learn English . These adult classes seem to be very popular these days.

Rakesh What I have been wondering about is whether to join adult classes or to study book which deals with day to-day conversational situations.

Subramanium For me. Perhaps the best course of action is to join evening classes. I am not always sure about my pronunciation.

Rakesh In my case, my English grammer is rather weak. Why not go and consult the teacher of English conversation adult classes and take her advice .

Subramanium and Rakesh go to the teacher of the English conversation adult classes.

Subramanium and Rakesh go to the teacher of the English conversation adult classes.

Subramanium Excuse me. Madam. My friend and I want to improve English conversation. We will be obliged if you could please guide us as to how to go about it.

Teacher Good morning. I am Miss Newman. I don’t believe we have met before.

Subramanium Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I am Subramanium and this is my friend Rakesh.

Teacher I’ll be happy to advise you about improve english. To begin with, you can join the English conversation adult classes.


Rakesh We were wondering whether it is absolutely essential to join evening classes or whether we could learn the language by studying books which deals with day to-day conversational situations .

Teacher That depends on what you feel ,you are lacking in your command of the language. If it is a matter of correcting your English pronunciation. It is very difficult to learn phonetic pronunciation from a phonetic guide. . You have to listen very carefully to the correct English pronunciation of words.

Subramaniun We do have the problem of English pronunciation . Rakesh feels unsure about his English grammar as well.

Adult classes

Teacher Conversational English practice is conducted by talking about situations which occur in our daily life. Grammar rules are the basis of any language. But in the case of gentlemen like you, wh o already have a good working knowledge of English, some background of grammar rules and quite a large vocabulary, the effort is to instill confidence and fluency in your speech. Grammatical mistakes are often committed by even professors of the language. But glaring blunders are pointed out to the student in grammar lessons ,and he is reminded about the application of basic grammar.

Rakesh I have seen that in some books on conversation, some correct and incorrect grammatical usages are mentioned. So, in case my problem is only to learn grammar, then I suppose that I do not need to attend adult classes.

Teacher If you are only concerned with grammar lesson, then it is not great necessity to have a teacher and you can check on your difficulties in grammar lesson from a book. In fact, some books on conversational English contain a lot of information as well on a variety of subjects which would help you improve your general knowledge as well.

Subramaniun Then do you suggest that we merely buy a book on English conversation for all occasions ?


English conversation book

Teacher You could do that. In any case, some book or books will have to be bought even if you will join a evening class in English conversation. The best way to learn a language is to read it, then listen to it when it is spoken correctly and then speak it yourself.

Rakesh That means that both the ears and the eyes have to be used.

Teacher That is the best method. Of course. But if you do not have enough leisure or spare time available to attend a class, a book could be a substitute as a guide to help you along.

Evening classes


5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555


No comments:

Post a Comment