Sunday, July 26, 2009

English conversation - Taxi to Airport


Taxi to Airport

Ranjan has to travel to Calcutta on business. He has to take a taxi to airport.

Mrs.Verma How long will you be away. Ranjan? How will you travel to Calcutta

Ranjan (packing his suitcase) I expect to be away for three days, mama. I am going to travel by Air

Mrs.Verma Is that all luggage you are taking with you? Only one suitcase?

Ranjan Yes. I am only allowed 20 kg. For baggage on my air ticket. And I am carrying one brief case with the official papers.

Mrs. Verma What about your bedding during the stay at Calcutta?

Rajan I can’t carry a bed roll by air. Moreover, I’ll be staying at a hotel. The bedding and bathroom linen are provided by the hotel.

Mrs.Verma How are you going to travel to airport?

Ranjan In a taxi. Mamma, could you please telephone for an taxi to airport for me.

Mrs.Verma You finish your packing and I’ll ring for a cab. The taxi to airport arrives and Ranjan goes out. Bachoo is carrying his office bag, and suitcase and Ranjan is Holding his briefcase.

Ranjan Taxi, taxi. Did you come from the taxi stand?

Taxi Driver Yes Sir, somebody called from your house for a taxi to airport.

Ranjan Yes, that must be for me. Open the luggage boot and put the suitcase in, please.

Taxi Driver (After storing the baggage). Where to, sir?

Rajan (Getting into the taxi). To the airport please.

Good bye mamma. Don’t worry about me. I’ll b fine.

Give my love to Papa, Viki and Reena. Bye-bye.

Taxi Driver Should I drive directly to the airport, Sir ?

Ranjan Yes please. How is it that you Speak Fluent English?

Taxi Driver Oh that! I am a graduate. Sir I couldn’t find a job. So, I took a car loan from a bank, bought a car and am plying it as a yellow taxi.

Ranjan How does it work out as taxi? I mean how do you like the job of a taxi driver and do you earn enough?

Taxi Driver job of a taxi driver is a lot of hard work. I find that to be successful at any business. One must run it oneself. I am able to earn enough.

Ranjan I say, there is only one hour left for my flight to take off. Do you think we’ll reach the airport in time?

Taxi Driver I think so. Sir. It will take us another fifteen minutes to reach the airport.

Ranjan But please do not drive fast.

Taxi Driver Don’t worry. Once we get out of the connaught place rush, there is not much traffic on the outer route and we will make good time.

Ranjan How long have you been driving the taxi?

Taxi Driver It is now over a year sir, since I bought my taxi, Do you travel often?

Ranjan This is my first trip by air. I believe that one ought to get to the flight terminal at least one hour before take-off. Do you think we’ll be late?

Taxi Driver Don’t worry sir, you’ll get there forty-five minutes ahead of time and that is sufficient time for you to check-in.


Ranjan We are nearing the airport terminal now, aren’t we?

Taxi Driver Yes, sir. Here we are. Shall I drive to the Domestic airport or the International terminal?

Ranjan To Domestic Airport , please. Thank you. How much is the fare?

Taxi Driver The meter reads seventy rupees and sixty paise sir.

Ranjan Here is Hundred rupees. Please take seventy rupees and sixty paise and return the change to me. Thank you

Taxi Driver (Driving off). Have a good trip sir.

Ranjan Thank you very much.

22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

No comments:

Post a Comment