Friday, July 31, 2009

English Conversation - the gift shop

The gift shop

Mrs. Verma is out to buy family christmas gifts for her family from the gift shop .She drops in at “Good Value Store”, a popular gift shop which stocks an assortment of ,.

Salesman Good morning, Madam. Welcome to“Good Value Store” May I help you. We have started christmas sale on all family christmas gifts

Mrs.Verma Well, I’m just looking around. I want to buy some christmas items

Salesman Have you anything particular christmas items in mind?

Mrs.Verma I was thinking of buying a pen and pencil gift set for my husband.That will be best gift for christmas

Salesman I’ll show you the ones we have. Here is a beautiful ,and parker ballpoint set. Here is a briefcase with letter writing material and parker pen and parker ballpoint set.is fitted in it. Then there are many colour schemes available.

Mrs.Verma How much do these parker pen and parker ballpoint set cost?

Salesman These parker pen and parker ball point set are Rs.1500 each.

Mrs.Verma That is too expensive. My budget is only Rs.500.only

Salesman Then why don’t you buy for your husband a good Parker pen? We have a variety of them.

Mrs. Verma No, I think I want to gift wine to my husband.

Saleman Then how about a office briefcase?

Mrs.Verma He has a fairly new one already.

Salesman I know what would make a unique christmas gift. Have a look at these tie and hand kerchief sets of gift shop.

Mrs.Verma Yes. These are really very smart and unique christmas gift. Yes, I’ll buy this one. Now, I have to buy gifts for my grown up son and daughter and one for my younger
son, who is nine.

Salesman For your elder son, I suggest an aftershave lotion or a shirt perhaps? What is
his collar size?

parker pen and parker ballpoint set


Mrs.Verma A shirt? No, I think I’ll take an aftershave lotion for my elder son.

Salesman Then would you consider buying a best perfume for your
daughter?

Mrs.Verma No, I want something different. Something that she wouldn’t normally buy
herself.

Salesman Let us see. A quilted handbag of gift shop would be very useful.

Mrs.Verma Yes…….. But I’m not sure what colour or shape she would like.

Salesman What about some hand made paper white with matching white envelopes? Here are some beautiful pads and envelopes.

Mrs.Verma I’m sure Reena would love these. Thank you. Could you pack this hand made paper white with matching white envelopes please?

Salesman Of course. With pleasure.Do you want any wedding envelopes?


hand made white paper with matching white envelopes

Mrs.Verma For my younger son, I know he would like the new series of the games and puzzles

Salesman I’m sorry Madam, but we don’t keep games and puzzles. Why not buy the young man some puzzle books that he might like to read.

Mrs.Verma He borrows book from the library. I think he’d enjoy working on the games and puzzlesform a toy shop.

Salesman Just a minute. I’m sure we do have something in our shop for your little boy.
How about these new broad belts with the leaping tiger buckles. These are
very much in vogue these days.

Mrs.Verma I suppose I could take the belt….But no. I’ve decided on the games and puzzles for Vikram. Thank you, that’s all please make out the bill.

Salesman Right, Ma’am. But what about buying something for yourself? A fabric handbag
perhaps?


games and puzzles

Mrs.Verma No, thank you. I’ll wait for my husband to buy a ladies gift for me. Don’t you agree?

Salesman Quite right. Here is your bill, Ma’am. Would you please pay at the cash
counter over there?

Mrs.Verma which address you will send the gifts to?

Salesman At the delivery counter, which is next to the cash counter.

Mrs.Verma Thank you very much for your assistance.

Salesman You are welcome. A happy Diwali to you Ma’am. Do drop in again.


send the gift parcels



888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

No comments:

Post a Comment