Tuesday, September 1, 2009

English conversation - Men haircuts

Men haircuts

Mr.Verma: goes to have his new haircut at a hairdressing salon in the business market near his house.

Mr.Verma: Good evening. I want a new haircut please.

Receptionist: Right Sir. Can you please sit in that salon chair?

Mr.Verma: Can you give me an oil massage, too?

Assistant Certainly Sir. It is a very good practice to massageone’s hair regularly. A gentle oil message helps to tone up the hair. It helps the blood circulation in the scalp.

Mr.Verma Ah! This is wonderful oil massage . So relaxing.


hairdressing salon

Assistant I notice you don’t wear your hair long? You have almost a short hair cuts.

Mr.Verma I don’t like this fad of men keeping long hair cuts.. These days one can’t make out the difference between a boy and a girl. In any case, all these long hair cuts are for the young and not for me.

Assistant But you are a young man yet, Sir!

Mr.Verma; You are quite diplomat, aren’t you?

Assistant; I think I’ll have to wash your hair first, before I cut it. Please bend forward. There you are. Do you want it dried before I cut the hair ?

Mr. Verma; What do you recommend ?

Assistant: May be, I’ll cut hair first and then dry it if necessary. How would then dry it if necessary. How would you like to have your hair cut. Sir?


wash your hair

Mr.Verma : Short haircut. You know one has to look dignified at my age?

Assistant: Right Sir. Do you want to use hair cleaner for your neck, too?

Mr.Verma Yes, You can start hair cutting Please.

Assistant (Finishing the haircut and holding up a mirror behind Mr.Verma). Is that all right, Sir?

Mr.Verma That’s fine. Thank you. I don’t think I need to have my hair dry, do you?

Assistant Perhaps, I’ll dry your hair with a hand dryer. It is cold outside and you might catch a chill.


hand dryer

Mr.Verma All right, young man.Use electric dryer. In olden days one never heard of hair dryers in a barber s shop.

Assistant These days everyone has to use a hair dryer, because the hairs are kept long. Long hair for men are set into shape with a electric dryer.

Mr.Verma :You would hardly be doing any business. Not many must be coming to have their hair cut.

Assistant On the contrary. Men with long hair have to send a lot of time in hair styling and they come to us often to have their hair washed, trimmed and set

Mr.Verma Do you dye hair, too?


electric dryer.

Assistant Yes, we do. For hair like yours, which are just beginning to turn grey, we recommend the use of henna (mehendi). This dyes your without any ill effects and is also a good conditioner .

Mr. Verma Mehendi or henna is a very old method of dying hair and was used by my grand parents.

Assistant To-day, the value of herbs lotions, oils, creams and beauty aids used by our grand mothers are being rediscovered. There you are, Sir. Your hair is all dry.

Mr.Verma Thank you very much. I enjoyed your barber stories & my chat with you. (gives him a tip and leaves).

31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31 31

No comments:

Post a Comment