Thursday, September 10, 2009

English conversation-Answering the telephone

Answering the telephone


Telephone ringing sound.

Telephone Operator is answering the telephone.

Telephone Operator: Rama’s store. Good morning.

Telephone caller: Is that Rama’s store.

Telephone Operator: Yes. Whom do you want to speak to?

Telephone caller: May I speak to Miss Annie.

Telephone Operator: In which department of marketing organization, does Miss Annie work.

Telephone caller: Miss Annie is working In department of general sales.

Telephone Operator Right, I’ll connect you to department of general sales.

Telephone Operator : Answering the telephone call from the department of general sales of Rama’s stores) yes sir.


Marketing Manager: Please get me Mr. Raman for Travel India

Telephone Operator: Do you know the Telephone number or I should find telephone number sir?

Marketing Manager: No. Please look up the phone numbers directory.

Telephone Operator: I’ll do that. I’ll call you back later.

phone numbers directory

 finding telephone address from telephone number directory
finding telephone address from telephone number directory

There is another incoming telephone call.

Telephone Operator: Rama’s store. Good morning.

Telephone Caller: What is your telephone number please?

Telephone Operator: I am speaking from telephone Number 445689

Telephone Caller: Is it 454589?

Telephone Operator: No. Sir, You have the wrong phone number.

Telephone Caller: Sorry. But you are sure that you are not speaking from Ayurveda Drugs?

Telephone Operator: I am sure Sir

Telephone Operator Answering telephone call

Telephone Operator Answering    incoming call.
Telephone Operator Answering incoming call.


Telephone Operator: now calls up Mr. Raman at Travel India. She dials telephone number 619434.

Travel India 619434

Telephone Operator from Rama’s store: Is that Travel India?

Travel India Yes.

Telephone Operator from Rama’s store May I speak to Mr. Raman. Mr.Kukreti from Rama’s store would like to speak to him.

Travel India: Just a minute please.

Telephone Operator from Rama’s Store (Ringing Mr.Kukreti) Your call to Mr. Raman of Travel India, Sir.

Travel India (Ringing the internal telephone of Mr. Raman) Sir; there is a call from Mr.Kukreti of Rama’s store for you.

Mr. Raman All right. Please put him on. (Click on the phone) Hello

Answering the Telephone

Mr.Kukreti Answering the telephone ,Hello Mr. Raman Kukreti from Rama’s store. How are you?

Mr. Raman well, thank you. What can I do for you Mr.Kukreti?

Mr.Kukreti I want an cheap first class ticket to Bangalore and return

Mr. Raman When do you want to travel By air India flight

Mr.Kukreti On Friday, 23rd by the evening flight if that is possible.

Mr. Raman Right. I’ll check on that and give you a telephone call. Should I send airline ticket to your office?

Mr.Kukreti Yes, that will be nice. Incidentally, please bill the cost of the tickets to Rama’s store.

Mr. Raman I’ll do that. Thank you. Good bye.


Air travel ticket

The telephone board has two outside telephone lines. A sales girl is used to making long distance calls.

Salesgirl (Tapping the phone) please connect me to telephone 351476.

Telephone Operator Whose telephone number is that, Madam?

Salesgirl Friend, don’t be so sticky. This is a personal call

Telephone Operator I’ll put it through, but don’t take too long over it. Here is your phone number ringing now.

Salesgirl Hello? Please call Sujata from upstairs.

There is a long wait.

Answering Telephone call

Sujata Hello. Is that Bela?

Bela Yes. How was the bonus party?

Sujata All right.

Bela Then?

Sujata Then what? I’ll tell you about bonus party when we train to travel in the evening. What are you doing?

Bela Nothing much. What is home information?

Sujata I’m getting so bored sitting at home.

Telephone Operator (Interrupting the conversation). Please try to finish. I have lots of official calls to make.

Bela All right. Tell me about the movie trailer you saw day before yesterday?

Sujata I’ didn’t enjoy it at all.

Bela Why? The movie was a bad print ?.

Sujata No, My mother was in a bad mood, because one of the potatoes turned out to be rotten?

Bela What have potatoes got to do with the movie?

Sujata Nothing. But my mother was in bad mood over the potatoes.

Telephone Operator Please finish. I am disconnecting now.

An outside call comes in. Answering the telephone.

Telephone Operator Good morning, Rama’s store

Telephone Caller What is the matter with your telephone I’ve been calling your number for the last half an hour and it has been engaged all the time!

Telephone Operator Sorry Sir. The number may have been busy. May I help you, Sir?

Telephone Caller Well, hurry up and get me Mr.Kukreti.

Telephone Operator I’m sorry sir, he has just gone out.

Telephone Caller Yes, please tell him that there are no seats available on the Friday evening flight to Bangalore. We have booked him provisionally for Saturday morning. Please request him to confirm this new schedule.

Telephone Operator Are you Mr. Raman from Travel India? Right Sir. I’ll convey your message to Mr.Kukreti as soon as he comes in.

Telephone Caller Thank you.

Telephone Operator You are welcome sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. free 0800 numbers

Post a Comment